The MinION and GridION Flow Cell contains up to 512 nanopore channels for sequencing DNA or RNA in real-time.
- Products from Oxford Nanopore Technologies that have been available for some time
- Users can continue to provide feedback through feature req
- Warranty periods of 3 months or more * Product continues to iterate with change notifications of 3-6 months
- Lead time visible in store
- Product subject to availability
A MinION Flow Cell (R9.4.1) is a consumable used with MinION and GridION devices. It contains the proprietary sensor array, Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and R9.4.1 nanopores suitable for all 1D experiments.
How it works:
A user simply adds their prepared library to the flow cell and starts their sequencing experiment.
Data is accumulated over time as DNA or RNA is sequenced by the nanopores. Individual read files are generated and are immediately available for analysis.
As data is streamed in real-time, a user can choose to stop a run as soon as sufficient data is gathered. A flow cell contains sufficient buffer to run for ~72 hours (under optimal conditions) and a user can choose to run continuously or run, stop, wash, and load a new sample until the buffer and nanopores are exhausted.
Shipping and logistics:
MinION and GridION Flow Cells are packed individually; however, bulk order options are available. All orders can be split for delivery to best suit your needs.
Flow cells and kits are shipped together at 2–8°C. The packaging is designed to protect the flow cells from freezing. Flow cells are stable at ambient temperatures for 30 days and sequencing kits are stable at room temperature for up to seven days, so users should not be concerned about their products should they arrive at ambient temperature.
Products are shipped to customers within the USA and EU Monday to Thursday. Shipments to Canada, Norway, Korea and Japan are expedited Monday to Wednesday; with Australia and New Zealand leaving our warehouses on a Friday. Shipments to the rest of the world are made on Mondays to allow the full working week for packages to arrive.
The delivery charges are calculated when a quote is raised or during checkout. Once an order is made, the delivery ID and delivery information can be tracked in the Store.
Storage and stability:
Please store your flow cells as follows:
- Room temperature: flow cells can be stored, unopened, at room temperature for one month.
- 2-8°C: flow cells can be stored, unopened, at 2-8°C for 12 weeks.
We recommend you check your flow cell before preparing your DNA/RNA library as part of the warranty process.
Flow cell returns:
We ask customers to return their used flow cells to Oxford Nanopore Technologies for recycling. For more information, please see the "Flow cell returns" section.
MinION and GridION Flow Cells are provided in a sealed pouch and are shipped at constant temperature.
The latest flow cell packaging enables users to store flow cells at room temperature for up to one month (when the pack is unopened).
For longer term storage it is recommended that they are kept, unopened, at 2-8°C.
Prior to use, the flow cell can be checked by performing a Flow Cell Check using MinKNOW (the MinION and GridION device software). The Flow Cell Check will report the number of nanopores available for sequencing.
Once the Flow Cell Check has been performed satisfactorily, the flow cell is ready to be used for experiments. The exact protocol and reagent kits used will depend on the experiment being run.
Please return your flow cells to Oxford Nanopore Technologies after use.
Safety and legal
Customers are required to perform a flow cell check within 3 months of purchase. Oxford Nanopore Technologies will replace any flow cell with fewer than 800 nanopores, when the result is reported within two days of performing the flow cell check, and when the storage recommendations have been followed. We deem the useful life of this product to be 12 weeks from receipt by the customer.
There is a 1 year contract length on all consumables purchases.
What's in the box
MinION Flow Cells are shipped in a sealed pouch.
This packaging also serves as the flow cell returns kit. Users are requested to return their flow cells after use so that they can be responsibly recycled by Oxford Nanopore Technologies.
Oxford Nanopore's barcoding kits are designed to allow pooling and running multiple libraries on Oxford Nanopore devices. There are three types of barcoding kits:
Ligation-based PCR barcoding:
Rapid chemistry-based PCR barcoding:
- Rapid Barcoding Kit
- Rapid Barcoding Kit 96
- 16S Barcoding Kit
- 16S Barcoding Kit 1-24
- PCR-cDNA Barcoding Kit (Kit 11)
- PCR-cDNA Barcoding Kit
Native Barcoding (PCR-free):
- Native Barcoding Kit 24 (Kit 12)
- Native Barcoding Kit 96 (Kit 12) or, for use with Kit 9 (SQK-LSK109) chemistry:
- Native Barcoding Expansion 1-12
- Native Barcoding Expansion 13-24
- Native Barcoding Expansion 96
Alternatively, the Flow Cell Wash Kit allows sequential runs of multiple sequencing libraries in the same flow cell. It works by washing out the first library, and refreshing the system ready for a subsequent library to be loaded. This procedure provides the opportunity to utilise the same flow cell a number of times, maximising the available run time particularly for cases where less data per library is required. Following the wash step, Storage Buffer is introduced into the flow cell, allowing storage of the flow cell before subsequent library addition.
R9.4.1 flow cells are suitable for all 1D sequencing kits:
- Ligation Sequencing Kit (SQK-LSK112)
- Ligation Sequencing Kit XL (SQK-LSK112-XL)
- Native Barcoding Kit 24 (SQK-NBD112.24)
- Native Barcoding Kit 96 (SQK-NBD112.96)
- Ligation Sequencing Kit (SQK-LSK110)
- Ligation Sequencing Kit (SQK-LSK109)
- Cas9 Sequencing Kit (SQK-CS9109)
- Ultra-Long DNA Sequencing Kit (SQK-ULK001)
- PCR-cDNA Sequencing Kit (SQK-PCS111)
- PCR-cDNA Barcoding Kit (SQK-PCB111.12)
- PCR-cDNA Sequencing Kit (SQK-PCS109)
- PCR-cDNA Barcoding Kit (SQK-PCB109)
- Direct cDNA Sequencing Kit (SQK-DCS109)
- Direct RNA Sequencing Kit (SQK-RNA002)
- Rapid Sequencing Kit (SQK-RAD004)
- Rapid Barcoding Kit (SQK-RBK004)
- Rapid Barcoding Kit 96 (SQK-RBK110.96)
- Rapid PCR Barcoding Kit (SQK-RPB004)
- 16S Barcoding Kit (SQK-RAB204)
- 16S Barcoding Kit 1-24 (SQK-16S024)
- PCR Sequencing Kit (SQK-PSK004)
- PCR Barcoding Kit (SQK-PBK004)
- Field Sequencing Kit (SQK-LRK001)
- VolTRAX Sequencing Kit (VSK-VSK003)